DM Advantage Two-Speed Fan Drives alternate between eddy current and spring-actuated cooling. While using eddy current, the fan drive turns the fan at a lower speed, which reduces operating noise, increases available horsepower for auxiliary systems and minimizes radiator abrasion from dust and debris. It spring-actuates when more cooling is needed, running the fan at full input speed. It also provides faster engine warm-ups in cold weather.
- Variety of off-highway equipment
- Medium- and heavy-duty trucks
- Eddy current at low speed with spring lockup
- Horsepower range
- Diesel engines up to 600 HP [447 kW]*
- Fan blade capacity
- Application specific
- Air pressure requirements
- Minimum 90 psi [620.5 kPa]
* Contact Horton engineering for applications above this horsepower range.
Features & Benefits
- Alternates eddy-current and spring-actuated cooling to moderate operating noise, increase available horsepower, conserve fuel and minimize radiator abrasion
- Allows faster engine warmups in cold weather for operating efficiency
- Premium sheave bearing and long-wearing friction liner for maximum reliability and long operating life
- Fail-safe design and lower parts count for easy installation and maintenance
- Offers high torque for turning larger fans
Video of Product
DM Advantage Two-Speed Fan Drives are proven solutions for the highest-heat under-hood environments, particularly in tough vocational truck applications. Horton's latest innovations assure you of maximum reliability and long-life performance.