Daniel A. Rosenberg
Intellectual Property & Patent Attorney
Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
2200 IDS Center | 80 South 8th Street | Minneapolis, MN 55402
Effective Date: June 25, 2013
INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO US FOR COLLECTION
Through your use of the Site, we have access to, and may collect, the following information relating to the following areas:
- IP address, which is an identifier assigned to your computer when you access the internet. The IP address may be the same or different each time you connect to the internet, depending on how you connect to the Internet, but this information does not identify you personally. We may also collect such other non-personal information, such as your internet service provider, the web browser used to visit the Site (and available web browser settings), the time you visited the Site, which web pages you visited on the Site, and other anonymous Site usage data.
- If you use a mobile device, a tablet computer, or the like to access the Site, or access the Site through any such device, these devices may provide us access to certain information from or about your mobile or tablet device, including, your device's unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device's operating system, the type of mobile or tablet Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use our mobile or tablet application.
- Some devices provide GPS technology, and make available data such as real–time location information that can be used. We do not currently use this information but depending on your device setting this information may be available to us.
- collect information about the ways you use our Site, which pages you visit, which links you use, and how long you stay on each page;
- support the features and functionality of our Site, for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits; or
- personalize your experience when you use our Site, including the serving of targeted advertisements.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information collected through your use of the Site, is used in the following manner:
- to provide you with the information, products and services you request:
- to personalize your Site experience;
- to provide reasonable customer service;
- to provide security; or
- to improve the functionality, reliability, and usability of the Site.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We are very careful with the information made available to us through your use of the Site. We do share this information under certain circumstances. The purpose of this sharing is to enhance your experience on the Site, to provide you with the services you have requested, and to provide reasonable Site security and protection. The following describes how we share information:
- We may use information gathered through use of the Site to understand usage patterns and to get a sense of our users. We do this by combining information from multiple users into an aggregate data set, which helps us provide services, manage usage, and evaluate the need for new products and services. We may also share information with our third–party service providers to assist them in providing services to us through the Site. This information is not personally identifiable information.
- We may also allow certain third party service providers to deliver cookies to you for web analytic purposes. You may have the ability to control the use of these cookies and related devices through your browser settings, or through opt-out provisions of various third party sites and services. We encourage you to use these options to make choices about content delivery and retention that best suit your needs.
- We may contemplate, for strategic or other reasons, selling, buying, merging, or otherwise reorganizing one or more of our businesses. In negotiating with a third party about entering into such an arrangement, we may need to disclose your information, subject to reasonable protection, and we may in connection with completion of such dealings transfer the information you submit on or through our Site to any organization participating in such dealings.
We use various tools to protect the security of information that you share with us that are appropriate given the nature of the information. However, you should understand that no data transmission over the Internet (or, with respect to mobile services) can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from the Site, and you do so at your own risk.
CONTENT CONTROL OPTIONS
You have the ability to control the collection of information available to us or that can be collected automatically through technological means. As described above, you have options and settings that affect the delivery of cookies and other devices to your computer or mobile device through our Site, however, certain settings may affect the functionality of the Site and your ability to use the Site as intended.
If you have specific concerns or questions about this policy, the use of information, your ability to remove or delete information, or the operation of this Site you may submit such questions to us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received your request we will attempt to evaluate or respond to your request in a reasonable period of time, if possible.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, physical, and technological measures, which are reasonable under the circumstances and given the nature of our industry, to protect the confidentiality and security of any information that is a sensitive in nature. Unfortunately, you should understand that no website, mobile or tablet application, server, or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” Therefore, you assume the risk of use and we therefore cannot guarantee that your information will not be disclosed, misused, or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others.
We may disclose your information when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, a court order, or a subpoena. We may also disclose your information to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect the security of our Site; to enforce or apply any agreement that we have; or to protect our own rights or property or the rights, property or safety of our users or others.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of thirteen years without the permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has submitted information on or through our Site without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can take appropriate action.
Our Site may provide links to other websites operated by third parties. You should be aware that we have no control over third–party websites. This Policy does not apply to information collected on any third-party website. You should consult the privacy policies of such sites before use of such sites as the policies of such sites can and will vary from this Policy.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
We are a US based legal entity and conduct our operations in the United States. Our Site, however, may or may not be located in the United States, and we reserve the right to locate or relocate our Site to other servers elsewhere in the world. Your information may be stored on servers located within the United States or in another country. In addition, we may transfer your information to our service providers and others located in the United States or another country for the purposes described in this Policy. Different countries have different privacy laws and requirements, and some provide less legal protection for your Personal Information than others.
The Site includes a Careers section where information about employment opportunities is provided. Employment information is posted in this section, and you can submit information relating to employment by establishing an account. Such submissions will be in accord with other agreements which you will be asked to agree to if you establish an account on the Site.
Such agreements may include different or additional terms that will apply to your use of the site, and may supersede this policy. Your decision to establish an account and submit information is entirely voluntary, and will involve submission of personal information that you voluntarily provide. The personal information will be used for the purpose for which you submitted it and as set forth in the other agreement associated with the Careers section.
NOTICES AND UPDATES